Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse
Requisition Number : 5618
Store Number : 3080
Job Description Summary
Adhere to and practice the company’s service standards with each customer. Meet both sales and work goals as directed by members of store management, while meeting the Policies and Procedures set by the Company. Lead other team members in your store by being an example in the accuracy and completeness of your work. Together work toward the common goals of presenting the store, its merchandise, and yourselves to the customer in the best possible light. Control cash and maintain accuracy of sales transactions. Process all sales and POS terminal transactions through the POS terminal in accordance with policy and procedure, and maintain strict control of all monies and sales documentation.
Duties and Responsibility
- Create an excellent shopping experience for our customers through awareness and company service standards.
- Positive attitude, willingness to serve and well informed.
- Sales and assistance
- Promotion of company rewards program and others business initiatives.
- Maintain awareness of all current sales promotions.
- Maintain merchandise presentation.
- Ensure stock is well arranged and merchandised properly.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of all areas within the store.
- Develop and maintain necessary product knowledge and fitting skills.
- Maintain an awareness of Loss Prevention concerns involving customers and staff members.
- Participate in physical inventories, assist in shipping and receiving merchandise and participate in merchandise placement on the sales floor when needed.
- When performing cashier functions all sales will be processed in accordance with existing policy and procedure. All shoes will be checked for mates.
- Process all sales and POS terminal transactions in accordance with policy and procedure.
Principal Working Relationships
- Customers, Sales Associates, Store Management and District/Regional Managers
- Interpersonal skills necessary to deal effectively with external contacts (primarily customers) and with all levels of employees.
- Basic communication (both verbal and non-verbal), organization, and math skills.
- Experience in retail sales, preferably specialty retail or footwear.
- Basic knowledge of the policies and procedures.
- Basic visual merchandising skills and an understanding of the Store Presentation Standards.
Assistant Store Manager
Requisition Number : 5043
Store Number : 3080
Job Description Summary
The Assistant Manager assists the Store manager in managing all day to day store operations, while ensuring that compliance exists with all established company policies and procedures. Provides leadership, guidance and training to the store staff via direction from the Store Manager. In the absence of the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager will assume total responsibility for all store operations. Consistently strives to meet and exceed all established sales, service and operational objectives.
Duties and Responsibility:
- Primary responsibility is the safety and welfare of employees and customers
- Create, establish and maintain an excellent customer shopping experience
- Maintain and reinforce current service level standards
- Provide service training and leadership to staff members
- Manage customer issues with a sense of urgency and to the satisfaction of our customer
- All POS terminal transactions in accordance with policy and procedure
- Sales, Discounts and Refunds
- Open/Closing procedures
- Inventory Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
- Shipping and Receiving
- Price Management (Price Changes, Markdowns etc.)
- Damaged Merchandise
- Conducting a Physical Inventory
- Sales Floor Merchandising and Visual Presentation responsibilities to include adherence to company standards:
- Merchandise Placement
- Sales floor maintenance and housekeeping
- Promotional event directions, materials and signage
- Payroll Control responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
- Payroll budget compliance
- Time and Attendance
- Training and Development of direct reports, responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to:
- Utilization of all available training tools
- Consistent reinforcement of operational standards
- Loss Prevention responsibilities to include adherence to all policies and procedures in regards to the protection and control of all Company assets
- Work towards a complete understanding of managing all day to day operations
- Principal Working Relationships
- Customers, Sales Associates, Store Management, District/Regional Managers, Store Operations and Training Personnel
- An approved background check
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Managerial and organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary for customer and employee interactions
- Strong visual merchandising skills
- Working knowledge of footwear, accessories and shoe care
- Basic mathematical skills
- Knowledge of Corporate and Store Operations policies and procedures
- A complete understanding of the standards of Store Presentation and strong visual merchandising skills
Rack Room Shoes provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation and gender identity), national origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, military service, or any other characteristic that is protected by applicable law. This policy of equal employment opportunity extends to all aspects of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, reassignment, demotion, discipline, discharge, performance evaluation, compensation and benefits.
About Rack Room Shoes
Great shoes for men, women and children in comfort, dress, casual, and athletic categories make Rack Room Shoes the family footwear retailer of choice. The company offers a wide selection of nationally recognized brands known for their quality. Rack Room Shoes also offers an assortment of exclusive private brands commissioned from the best manufacturers in the business. Our private brands offer customers great styles and outstanding values, which translates into satisfied, loyal, repeat customers