About Trader Joe's
It all started in the 50s... Would you believe we started out as a small chain of convenience stores? It's true. Way back in 1958. We were called Pronto Markets. In '67, our founder, the original Trader Joe, changed our name (yes, to Trader Joe's) and the way we do business.
We made the stores bigger (if you can imagine), decked the walls with cedar planks and donned our crew in cool Hawaiian shirts. Most importantly, we started putting innovative, hard-to-find, great-tasting foods in the "Trader Joe's" name. That cut our costs and saved you money. Still does.
And that's important, because "Value" is a concept we take very seriously. And by value we mean great everyday prices on all of our great products — no sales, no gimmicks, no clubs to join, no special cards to swipe... How do we do it?
- We buy direct from suppliers whenever possible, we bargain hard to get the best price, and then pass the savings on to you.
- If an item doesn't pull its weight in our stores, it goes away to gangway for something else.
- We buy in volume and contract early to get the best prices.
- Most grocers charge their suppliers fees for putting an item on the shelf. This results in higher prices... so we don't do it.
- We keep our costs low — because every penny we save is a penny you save.
It's not complicated. We just focus on what matters — great food + great prices = Value.
7/27/2012TRADER JOE’S AT PATRIOT PLACE TO BEGIN HIRING>>
Unique neighborhood grocery store will accept applications and conduct interviews beginning Monday, July 30 at 10 a.m. 7/23/2012Trader Joe’s Sets Opening Day for Patriot Place>>
Trader Joe's, a unique, neighborhood grocery store with foods and beverages ranging from the everyday to the exotic, has scheduled a Friday, September 7th opening day for the Patriot Place location1/5/2012
Trader Joe's Coming to Patriot Place>>
Trader Joe's, a unique, neighborhood grocery store with foods and beverages ranging from the everyday to the exotic, plans to open at Patriot Place in 2012.